An Insurance-Backed Line of Credit (IBLOC) from The Bancorp gives you the freedom to access the cash value of your eligible whole life insurance policy.
Whatever the financial need,1 an IBLOC provides you with easy access to funds.
- An interest-only revolving credit line collateralized by the cash value of a whole life insurance policy2
- Available to individuals and trusts
- No income verification
- Credit limit is based on 95% of the gross cash value, unless you specify a different amount3
- Minimum credit line: $75,000
- No application fee or closing cost4
- No charge for portion of the line not in use
- Interest may be tax deductible5
- Simple application process
- Credit limit increases can be easily requested6
- Easy access to funds via online banking, line of credit checks and wire transfers
- Flexible payment options
- Online and phone access to loan information
- Variable and fixed-rate option available
Use your IBLOC in place of other lending options for financing needs such as:
- Real estate investments or purchase
- Home improvements
- Business investment, expansion or working capital
- Tax payments
- Debt consolidation
- Unforeseen expenses
List of Eligible Insurance Providers:
- Northwestern Mutual
- NY Life
- John Hancock
- Penn Mutual
- Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
- Security Mutual Life
For more information or to determine if an Insurance-Backed Line of Credit is appropriate for you, please contact our Client Success team or your financial professional.
1 An IBLOC cannot be used for the purchase of securities or to pay off a margin loan that was used to purchase securities.
2 Policy must be in effect for at least 12 months at the time of credit application. Line of credit is contingent on life insurance policy remaining in good standing. The insurance policy owner must be the borrower. To be eligible as IBLOC collateral the insurance policy must be issued by an insurance provider The Bancorp Bank, N.A. (Bank) has approved.
3 Subject to credit approval and underwriting.
4 The Bancorp Bank, N.A. does not charge an application fee. State, local, and/or third-party fees may apply in some states.
5 There may be an adverse tax consequence when pledging the policy and as such, we strongly advise consulting with a tax advisor before pledging the policy as collateral for a loan.
6 No credit line increase is permitted within one-hundred eighty (180) calendar days of the loan origination date. Maximum number of credit line increases is two (2) within a twelve-month period. Requests must be made in writing using the Change in Terms Form.
Collateral-based borrowing may not be suitable for everyone. Consult a financial advisor about any associated risks. Consult a tax advisor for tax-related matters and an attorney for legal matters. Bank does not provide tax or legal advice. Rates, terms and conditions of loan products are subject to change without notice. Read all documents carefully.
To help maintain the security of financial information, do not include confidential personal information such as account numbers or Social Security numbers in non-secure email correspondence.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners, and their use does not represent or imply endorsement of, or association with the products or services offered by the Bank. The Bancorp is a federally registered service mark of The Bancorp, Inc.